My crisp and creamy cucumber salad is simple, fresh, tasty, and makes a great appetizer or side dish!
Prep Time 10 minutes | Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 English cucumber sliced thin
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- Pepper to taste
- Slice the cucumber fairly thin. Add it to a colander and sprinkle liberally with salt. Place it in the sink or on a plate to catch the water that will be released. Let it sit for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by adding the sour cream, vinegar, sugar, dill, and pepper to a bowl (you may use the bowl you plan on making the salad in).
- Once the cucumber is ready, dry it off using paper towel. Toss it with the dressing. Chill before serving.
- Serves 2-4 as an appetizer or side salad. Recipe is easily doubled.