You’ll love this creamy bourbon chicken with pancetta and mushrooms! It’s all made in one skillet, and that crispy chicken skin is to die for!
Prep Time 5 minutes | Cook Time 1 hour | Total Time 1 hour 5 minutes
- 4.4 ounces pancetta* diced
- 7 ounces white mushrooms chopped
- 4-6 chicken thighs
- 1.5 cups heavy/whipping cream
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F and move the rack to the middle position.
- Fry the pancetta on medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes until it’s crispy, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, slice the mushrooms. Add them to the pan and cook for five minutes. Remove the pan contents and set aside.
- Add the chicken to the pan, skin-down. Cook for 8-10 minutes then flip and cook for 4 minutes. If it’s furiously splattering, you may need to turn the heat down a bit. Add the bourbon, cream, water, pepper, garlic, and the pancetta & mushrooms back into the pan. Give it a stir and then place it in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Great with mashed potatoes and a salad.
- I bought a package of pre-diced pancetta that was this size. Anything similar would work fine.
- Pancetta is quite salty, so I do not add any extra salt to this recipe.
- This is the wonderful skillet pictured.