Combine the freshest flavors to create this Cranberry Blueberry and Goat Cheese Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette Dressing. Pack in a mason jar for on-the-go or serve in a large bowl for a crowd. This antioxidant packed salad will please everyone!
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
For the salad:
- 1 cup chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 avocado peeled and cubed
- 5 ounces mixed greens
- To make the dressing, add the cranberry sauce, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard and maple syrup, salt and pepper to a food processor. Pulse until combined. Add the olive oil and pulse two or three times until smooth.
- To make the salad, combine the chickpeas, goat cheese, dried cranberries, blueberries, avocado and mixed greens in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing, toss to combine and serve. To make the salad in mason jars, divide the dressing evenly between four mason jars. Layer with chickpeas. Then add the goat cheese, cranberries, blueberries, avocado and greens. Cover with a lid and store in the refrigerator for up to three days. When serving, pour into a bowl, toss to combine and enjoy!