Crisp at the edges, soft in the middle, and covered with golden parmesan. These courgette fries make a great low-carb breakfast with a soft boiled egg. This is my Courgette Fries and the perfect Dippy Egg!
Prep Time: 10 mins |Cook Time: 27 mins | Total Time: 37 mins
- 2 small courgette/zucchini (approx. 120g/4.25oz each)
- 45 g (1.5oz) parmesan grated
- 1 egg lightly whisked
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley chopped
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 200c/400f and put your egg and parmesan in separate shallow dishes.
- Slice the courgettes into finger sized pieces. Dip each piece into the egg, then into the grated parmesan and place on a baking tray. Once you’ve put all your courgette fries on a baking tray, sprinkle on any parmesan that might be left over. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper and place in the oven. Cook for 15 minutes, then turn the oven down to 170c/325f. Turn the fries over using a spatula (a few may stick, so a metal spatula is best to prevent breaking the fries) and cook for a further 8-12 minutes until the courgette fries are a deep golden brown.
- Whilst your courgette fries are in the oven, cook your eggs.
- Place both eggs into a medium sized sauce pan and fill it with cold water until the water just covers them. Heat on a high heat until the water comes to a rolling boil. Once boiling, turn the heat off and set your timer for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes, take out of the water and serve immediately with the courgette fries.