Coconut Chicken Curry is a simple meal made with fresh flavors in less than 25 minutes! Serve it with rice or cauliflower rice for a tasty lunch or dinner any day of the week.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound), cut into small bite size pieces
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 1/2 red pepper thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- 14 ounce can of coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- cilantro for garnish
- optional: cooked white rice
- In a medium saucepan over medium-heat add peanut oil. Toss the chicken with the curry powder and sauté until cooked, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add an additional teaspoon of oil, if needed. Add snow peas, onions, and red pepper and saute over medium-high heat until veggies are tender, 5-6 minutes. Add garlic and fresh ginger and cook another minute, until garlic is fragrant.
- Add coconut milk and red curry paste. Stir in cooked chicken. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve over warm rice and garnish with cilantro.
- Add additional curry paste for a spicier curry, if desired.
- Serve with cooked rice or cauliflower rice for gluten free / low carb version.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Reheat just prior to serving.