Sweet and crunchy, these cinnamon Cinnamon French Toast Fingers with Greek Yogurt and Blueberry Sauce make a delicious Sunday breakfast.
Prep Time: 10 mins |Cook Time: 5 mins |Total Time: 15 mins
- 6 thick slices of brioche bread
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tbsps milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 g 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsps ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- Greek Yogurt
- Place the blueberry sauce ingredients in a small pan and put to one side.
- Cut the crusts off each slice of bread, and cut each piece of bread into three fingers.
- Whisk together the egg, milk and vanilla extract in a wide, shallow bowl.
- Place the sugar and cinnamon on a plate and mix together.
- Place the pan for the blueberries on a medium heat and bring to a bubble, then stir and turn down the heat to low. Cook for 2-4 minutes until the blueberries release some of their colour and the sugar is completely dissolved. Don’t overcook or the blueberries will lose their shape. Turn off the heat and put to one side.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan (skillet) on a medium heat until just bubbling. Briefly dip the bread fingers in the egg mixture so that all sides are covered.
- Place the fingers straight in the hot pan. Fry for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove the fingers from the pan and place them straight in the cinnamon sugar. Turn them over to fully coat.
- Stack the cinnamon fingers on two or three plates, then top each plate with 2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt and the blueberry sauce.
- Serve immediately.