Chocolate Covered Strawberry Macaroons are a delicious snack and dessert option packed with strawberry coconut flavor! They are vegan, gluten free and can be made raw.
Yield: 12 small cookies |Prep Time: 10 mins |Cook Time: 25 mins |Total Time: 35 mins
- 1 1/2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon beet root powder for additional color if desired (optional)
- 6 ounces dark chocolate chopped
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Add the coconut, almond flour, maple syrup, coconut oil, strawberries, vanilla extract and sea salt. Pulse until well blended and the mixture starts to clump. Add beet root powder, a little at a time to yield the desired color and flavor. Using a one inch cookie scoop, pack the mixture into the scoop and place cookie on cookie sheet. Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Turn off oven but leave the cookies inside for 15 additional minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up 4 hours.
- Melt the chocolate in a clean heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water. Dip the bottom of the cookies in the chocolate and shake off the excess. Transfer to the cookie sheet. Refrigerate until ready to serve. (see notes for completely raw version)