Chocolate for breakfast! My favourite…. Good morning Chocolate Coconut Granola with toasted coconut flakes and little bursts of chewy dried cranberry!
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 23 mins |Total Time: 28 mins
- 320 g whole rolled oats (make sure they’re gluten free if required)
- 4 heaped tbsp light-brown sugar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 4 tbsp. water
- 3 heaped tbsp cocoa powder make sure it’s gluten free if required
- 75 g unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 180c/350f
- Start with the granola. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, honey, coconut oil, water and cocoa powder. Once mixed, spoon it out onto a large metal baking tray and place it in the oven for 20 minutes. Check on the granola after the 10th and 15th minute to make sure it’s not burning at the edges. If the edges of the granola are looking a lot darker, give the granola a mix.
- Once the granola has been in the oven for 20 minutes, add in the coconut flakes and place back in the oven for 2-3 minutes until the coconut is golden brown (keep a close eye on it, as it burns quickly).
- Take the granola out of the oven. Leave to cool slightly, then mix in the dried cranberries. Leave to cool completely before pouring into an air-tight jar.
This granola should keep for a minimum of two weeks in an air-tight jar at room temperature.