Learn how to make Easy Homemade Chewy Brownies from scratch with a few simple ingredients and only 10 minutes of prep! The brownie recipe comes together in one pan.
- ½ cup unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate cut into small pieces
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup hazelnuts pecans, almonds, or walnuts, toasted and chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8-inch square baking dish with foil and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add the chocolate pieces and stir constantly with a whisk over very low heat until the chocolate is melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar, eggs, and the vanilla. Then stir in the flour and salt. Beat the batter vigorously for 30 seconds. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts, if using.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top, and bake for 30 minutes, or until the center feels just about set. Remove from the oven and let cool.