This cauliflower and leek soup is a light and healthy soup recipe that is simple to prepare and ready in only 40 minutes! Great for busy weeknights.
Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 30 minutes | Total Time 40 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large leeks
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 (10 fluid ounce) cans chicken broth (you can sub veg broth)
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fried bacon (3 strips) chopped
- Fresh parsley chopped
- Fresh chives chopped
- Warm olive oil and butter in a pot on medium heat.
- Meanwhile, prepare the leeks (discard the top green portion and cut the bulbs lengthwise into four pieces, then chop into smaller sections). Add to the pot.
- While leeks are sautéing, separate the cauliflower into florets that are roughly the same size. Add cauliflower to the pot.
- Add chicken broth, water, ground cumin, and thyme to the pot, and increase heat to high. Once the soup starts to boil, reduce to medium-low heat and simmer until the cauliflower is tender (about 20 minutes depending on the size of the florets).
- Once cauliflower is tender, remove from heat and puree using a stick blender (or normal blender), using caution as the soup is still very hot.
- Serve with optional garnish immediately.