Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole is a low-carb, healthy take on your favorite comfort food that the whole family will enjoy. The casserole is creamy, cheesy and the perfect side dish for dinner or the holidays.
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or ghee
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 ounces cream cheese cubed, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces shredded white cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 ounces mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Butter an 8×8 casserole dish and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil; add the broccoli and cauliflower and blanch for 1 minute, then drain well.
- Melt butter in a deep skillet over medium heat. Saute onion 3-4 minutes, then add the garlic.
- Stir in the cream cheese until melted, and then stir in the heavy cream, mustard, salt, pepper, half of the cheddar, and the mozzarella. Once the cheese is melted, stir in the broccoli & cauliflower.
- Pour the contents into the prepared dish and top with the remaining cheddar. Bake uncovered 20-25 minutes, until cheese is bubbling and golden.