These Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Pancakes are a perfectly legitimate way to have cheesecake for breakfast! These blueberry lemon cheesecake pancakes are quick, easy and amazing!
Prep Time: 10 mins |Cook Time: 10 mins |Total Time: 20 mins
- 210 g plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp light brown muscovado sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 300 ml milk (half fat or full fat)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil or coconut oil
- 8 tbsp mascarpone
- 4 tbsp good quality lemon curd
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp water
- 50 g sugar (granulated or superfine)
- Place the flour, baking powder, sugar, egg, vanilla extract, salt, zest of one of the lemons, and milk in a large bowl. Use a balloon whisk to mix until combined.
- Pour ¼ tbsp. oil in a large skillet, then wipe around with a kitchen towel to cover the pan. Heat the pan on a medium heat until hot. Pour in enough mixture to make three pancakes (approx. ¼ cup of mix per pancake). Turn the pancakes over when bubbles form on top and then burst, and the edges start to look firm (about 1-2 minutes). Cook on the other side for another 1-2 minutes. Repeat with the rest of the mixture – oiling the pan each time – until all the pancakes are cooked (you can keep the pancakes warm in a very low oven whilst you’re making each batch).
- Whilst the pancakes are cooking, place the blueberries, water and granulated sugar in a pan and heat for about 5 minutes until the blueberries release their colour and the sugar dissolves. Turn off the heat and put to one side to cool slightly.
- To assemble, stack 3 pancakes on each plate. Top each stack with 2 tbsp mascarpone, 1 tbsp of lemon curd and 2-3 tbsp of the blueberry compote. Sprinkle with the remaining lemon zest and serve.