My Banana Oat Cookies are healthier than usual cookies but still delicious. The kids love them! The perfect way to use up spotty bananas.
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 30 mins
- 1 medium sized ripe banana peeled
- 1 cup (100g) rolled oats check they’re gluten free if required
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil either soft or melted
- 1/2 cup (50g) chocolate chips check they’re gluten free if required
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 170c/325f
- Place the banana in a medium sized bowl and mash it with a fork. Add the oats, honey and coconut oil and give everything a good stir until combined. Leave to rest on the counter top for 10 minutes, so that the oats can absorb the moisture from the other ingredients.
- After 10 minutes, add in the chocolate chips (reserve a few to sprinkle on once the cookies are cooked) ands the salt. Stir to combine.
- Take a tbsp. of the mixture in your hand, roll into a ball and then squash to flatten into a thick disk (approx. 1cm thick). Place on a baking tray and repeat until all your mixture is used up.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, sprinkle with the reserved chocolate chips and leave to cool.