Banana Chocolate Chip Coconut Baked Oatmeal is made with coconut milk, maple syrup, fresh bananas, shredded coconut and chocolate chips to create a healthier option for breakfast! It reheats well and tastes great as leftovers so you can enjoy it all week long.
Yield: 6 servings |Prep Time: 10 mins |Cook Time: 35 mins| Total Time: 45 mins
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut sweetened or unsweetened, plus more for topping
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 large banana peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups coconut milk*
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, coconut, baking powder and salt. Pour into the baking dish. Layer the sliced bananas and chocolate chips over the top of the oats, spreading evenly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, maple syrup, vanilla extract and coconut milk. Mix until well combined. Slowly pour over the oats. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Top with additional coconut, as desired. Enjoy!
- You can substitute the coconut milk for cow’s milk, almond milk, soy milk or any other milk.