This healthy baked salmon with cucumber salsa is a quick, tasty, and fresh meal!
Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 15 minutes | Total Time 25 minutes
- 2 pieces salmon (or 1 larger piece totaling about 1 pound)
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 Persian cucumbers chopped
- Small handful fresh mint chopped finely
- 1/4 teaspoon za’atar (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F and move the rack to the top third of the oven. Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up.
- Lightly coat the salmon in some olive oil, and then gently sprinkle on a bit of garlic powder and salt & pepper. Bake until it’s cooked through (check after 8-10 minutes for a thinner piece of salmon)… a good rule of thumb is about 5 minutes baking time per half inch of thickness.
- Meanwhile, combine all the cucumber salsa ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate until needed.
- Once the fish is done, serve it with the cucumber salsa on the side. This dish is also very tasty when the salmon is cooked then chilled for a few hours.