This easy, low-carb and family friendly Baked Denver Omelet serves 8 and is ready in under an hour! Bonus that it’s great reheated and even makes an awesome dinner. The Western flavors of this omelet pair well with a garnish of sour cream and avocado. Store leftovers in the fridge for an easy grab-and-go breakfast. It will keep for up to 4 days.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 35 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 pound ham, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces), divided
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 1 1/2 to 2-quart oval baker or a 9 by 13-inch baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the ham and saute until browned and crispy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and onions and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until tender, 3 to 4 more minutes. Spread the ham and vegetables in the greased baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the cheddar cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the ham and vegetables in the baking dish. Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the center is cooked through. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size: 1/8 omelet
- Calories: 281
- Fat: 19
- Carbohydrates: 4
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 16