These baked chili lime shrimp are a fast and flavorful main course. Ready in just over 30 minutes, including prep and marinating time!
Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 15 minutes | Marinade time: 10 minutes | Total Time 35 minutes
- 1 pound shrimp (I used 31-40 count size) thawed and peeled
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice + zest of 1 lime
- 5-6 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- Cayenne pepper to taste (optional if you like it hot)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Fresh cilantro or parsley chopped, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F. Move the rack to the middle position.
- Add the shrimp to a large Ziploc along with all ingredients except for the butter and cilantro. Place in the fridge and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Once the shrimp are done marinating, pour the Ziploc contents into a baking dish. Cut the butter up into a few smaller pieces and place them on top of the shrimp (try to spread them evenly).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink and cooked through. Take care not to over cook. Serve immediately with fresh cilantro or parsley sprinkled over top.
- This is the awesome tool I use to zest my lime in this recipe. Can’t live without it (ok I probably could, but I don’t want to).
- These are pretty garlicky, so feel free to halve the amount if you’re not a big garlic person like I am. *breathes and repels everyone*
- Serves 2-4.