This baked parmesan zucchini recipe is a delicious side dish or snack! Melty cheese, garlic, and a touch of balsamic vinegar make these zucchini rounds irresistible.
Prep Time 15 minutes | Cook Time 15 minutes | Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 medium zucchini sliced into 1/4″ rounds
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F. Move the rack to the middle position. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat non-stick mat.
- Cut your zucchini into rounds. Toss them with the balsamic vinegar in a medium bowl.
- Let the zucchini sit in the vinegar bowl while you grate the cheese into another bowl. Add the garlic powder and salt & pepper to the cheese bowl and toss.
- The parmesan won’t stick to the zucchini very well, so I simply took each piece of zucchini one by one and basically scooped it in the cheese then carefully arranged it on the baking sheet. You could also use a small spoon to do this step.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbly. Watch carefully so they don’t burn, especially towards the end. Cook time will vary depending on how thick the zucchini pieces are and how hot your oven is.
- These zucchini rounds aren’t supposed to be crispy. They have a nice, firm (but soft when you bite into them) texture; perfect for a vegetable side dish.