Make the best homemade baba ganoush with this simple recipe made with a few ingredients. Also known as baba ghanouj, this healthy flavorful dip recipe is made with roasted eggplant, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice and garlic.
- 2 pounds eggplant preferably small eggplants
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided plus more for garnish
- 1/3 cup tahini stirred
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- kosher salt to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Paprika for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Cut eggplants in half, rub the cut side with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and place face down on the prepared baking sheet. Roast eggplant until the insides are tender, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Allow the eggplant to cool slightly and then scoop out the insides of the eggplant, discarding the skin. Place the insides in a food processor along with tahini, lemon juice, garlic and salt. Process until smooth but still thick. With the processor running, slowly drizzle in the remaining olive oil and process until well mixed.
- Transfer baba ganoush to a bowl and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, parsley and a sprinkle of paprika. Serve with sliced bell peppers, carrots, cucumbers, pita, Naan and/or crackers.
- Store the baba ganoush in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.