Asparagus with Burrata Cheese and Kale Pesto is a quick, easy and impressive appetizer, snack or lunch option that is ready in less than 25 minutes! Serve the sautéed asparagus with burrata cheese and kale pesto to create a nutrient-rich, low-carb dish.
Yield: 6 servings |Prep Time: 15 mins |Cook Time: 10 mins| Total Time: 25 mins
- 1 pound asparagus trimmed
- olive oil spray
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup kale leaves
- 1 cup packed basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water
- 8 ounces burrata cheese
- Place the asparagus on a plate and coat with olive oil spray. Sprinkle with half of the seasoning salt and the black pepper. Heat a grill or large skillet over medium-high heat, and add the asparagus. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, turning often, until the asparagus is tender. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the kale and basil to a food processor, pulsing seven to eight times, until finely chopped. Add the olive oil, garlic, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and water; blend until smooth and creamy.
- Cut the burrata into 6 wedges. Top a serving of asparagus with a wedge of burrata, including its creamy insides. Drizzle with kale pesto and serve.