This asparagus and green bean salad is fresh, filling, and delicious!
Prep Time 15 minutes | Cook Time 15 minutes | Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 8 ounces green or French beans
- 1 to mato
- 2 eggs hard-boiled
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon shallot chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 can tuna drained (I prefer oil packed tuna)
- 1 tablespoon capers
- Hard boil your eggs. I give them nine minutes from the point they start to boil. If you prefer runnier eggs, cook for less time. When the time has elapsed, add cool water to the pan and let eggs chill for a few minutes before you peel them.
- Snap or cut ends off asparagus and top and tail beans if needed. Steam or boil the asparagus until it’s tender-crisp (about 5-7 min). Steam or boil the beans until they’re tender-crisp (about 3-4 min). I cooked them in separate pans, but if you have a big enough pan, you could cook the asparagus and then add in the beans a couple of minutes later. Once cooked, set the asparagus and green beans aside and let them cool.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by combining the garlic, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and olive oil. I whisk the olive oil in bit by bit.
- Chop the parsley, basil, shallot, tomatoes, and eggs.
- Once the asparagus and green beans have cooled enough, assemble the salad by tossing everything except the eggs together with the dressing. Sprinkle eggs on top. Add salt & pepper if desired.
- Serves four as a side dish or appetizer.