Chipotle Lime Chicken Taco Bowls with Mango Chipotle Sauce are packed with the freshest flavors! Grilled chipotle lime chicken with black beans, cilantro lime rice, mango salsa, cheese and guacamole are topped with a creamy mango chipotle sauce.
Yield: 2 bowls |Prep Time: 1 hr |Cook Time: 30 mins |Total Time: 1 hr 30 mins
For the chipotle lime grilled chicken:
- juice from 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- dash of salt
- 2 medium chicken breasts
For the cilantro lime rice:
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- dash of salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- juice from one lime
For the mango chipotle sauce:
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped mango
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chipotle paste*
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
For the taco bowls:
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 1/2 cup finely diced red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup monterey jack or Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup fresh guacamole
- To make the chipotle lime grilled chicken, in a medium bowl whisk together the lime juice, cilantro, olive oil, chipotle chili powder and salt. Add the chicken to the bowl and marinate for at least one hour in the refrigerator.
- To make the cilantro lime rice, in a medium saucepan bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add rice and a dash of salt. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro and lime juice.
- While the rice is cooking, add all of the ingredients for the mango chipotle sauce to a food processor. Puree until well blended and smooth; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the mango, red pepper, onion and lime juice. Stir until well blended; set aside.
- After marinating chicken, prepare grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Place the chicken on the grill directly over the fire and cook until the juices run clear and the chicken is cooked through, about 5 to 8 minutes on each side.
- To assemble the taco bowls, divide the cilantro rice between two bowls. Top with grilled chicken, mango-pepper salsa, black beans, cheese and fresh guacamole. Drizzle with mango chipotle sauce and serve.