Start and end your day with calming golden milk! This golden milk tea recipe is made with comforting spices like turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, honey and black pepper plus thick and creamy milk. Create a golden milk latte by foaming the top or add a shot of espresso.
Yield: 1 serving |Prep Time: 10 mins |Cook Time: 20 mins| Total Time: 30 mins
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cinnamon stick (or 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon)
- 1 (1-inch) piece turmeric, grated (or 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric)
- 1 (1/2 inch) piece ginger, grated (or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger)
- 1 tablespoon honey (or maple syrup)
- pinch black pepper
- pinch ground cardamom, cloves or nutmeg (optional)
- ground cinnamon (for serving)
- Whisk milk, cinnamon, turmeric, ginger, honey, black pepper and any additional spices desired in a small saucepan. Bring the mixture to a low boil, then reduce heat and simmer until incorporated, 5 minutes. Remove from heat and taste, adjusting flavors and sweetener as needed. Strain through a fine mesh sieve into mugs and top with a dash of cinnamon.
- Use a milk frother and froth for a couple minutes until you reach your desired froth level.