These vegan Halloween cookies are easy to make, don’t need to chill, and are a cute dairy-free Halloween treat.
Prep Time 20 minutes | Cook Time 22 minutes | Total Time 42 minutes Servings 20 cookies (approx.) | Calories 164 kcal
- 1 cup vegan butter slightly softened (see note below)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2-3 tablespoons sprinkles
- Make your flax egg by mixing the ground flax and water in a small bowl. Set it aside, and prep the rest of your ingredients so it has the chance to sit for 10 minutes or so.
- Preheat oven to 400F and move the rack to the middle position. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat non-stick mat or parchment paper.
- Cream the vegan butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer on a low speed.
- Add the flax egg and vanilla extract to the bowl. Mix on low.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter/sugar mixture, mixing it on a low speed until all the flour is incorporated.
- Fold in the Halloween sprinkles.
- Gently roll the dough into 1.5″ balls. Place the balls at least a couple of inches apart (cookies will spread) on the baking sheet. I bake two batches. Bake for 11-12 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and then transfer them to an airtight container as soon as they’ve cooled a bit so they remain nice and soft.