This tomato chickpea salad is fresh, simple, and comes together fast. Great for a side salad or light lunch!
Prep Time 15 minutes | Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 (19 fluid ounce) can chickpeas drained
- 2 cups tomatoes chopped
- 1 tablespoon (or to taste) red onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers (optional)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Prep your salad ingredients and add them to a large salad bowl as you go along.
- Season the salad generously with salt & pepper.
- Toss and serve immediately or chill first. Will keep in the fridge for a couple of days.
- I suggest adjusting dressing ingredients as needed; some may want more olive oil, others more lemon juice etc.