These taco zucchini boats are fun low-carb way to enjoy your favorite taco flavors!
Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 30 minutes | Total Time 40 minutes
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (see note)
Toppings (to taste):
- Red onion chopped
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- Tomatoes chopped small
- Avocado diced
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375F and move the rack to the middle position. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise and trim the ends. Using a small spoon, scoop out the insides of the zucchini so they resemble boats. Place them on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Add the olive oil and ground beef to a skillet over medium-high heat. Break the meat into small pieces using your spoon. Stir in the spices once it’s cooked a bit. Brown it for 8-10 minutes or until it’s cooked. Season with salt & pepper as needed.
- Prep the toppings.
- Take the zucchini boats out of the oven and fill them with the ground beef. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Return them to the oven and broil on high for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is nice and melty (watch they don’t burn).
- Top the zucchini boats with the toppings as desired. Enjoy!