Sugar Cookies with Crushed Peppermint candies are such a fun holiday cookie! These cookies are so easy to decorate!
Prep Time 30 mins | Cook Time 10 mins | Refrigeration Time1 hr | Total Time 1 hr 40 mins
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 10 peppermint candies crushed
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add sour cream, egg, and vanilla. Mix
- Mix in baking powder, baking soda and flour.
- Place cookie dough on a piece of plastic wrap. Cover dough completely with wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to approximately 1/4 inch thick.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out desired shape. Place on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle cookies with crushed peppermint candy.
- Bake at 375 for 7-8 minutes.
- Cool on a baking rack.