These Raw Nutella Bars are a quick, easy-to-make snacks made with just 6 healthy ingredients – no actual nutella necessary! With a hazelnut and date-base and a simple chocolate coating, these bars will totally hit the spot.
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 50 minutes | Yield: 12-16 bars
For the bars:
- 3 cups raw hazelnuts
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (cocoa powder works too)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
For the chocolate coating:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread out hazelnuts on a baking sheet and toast for 8 mins (or until slightly toasted)
- Pulse the hazelnuts and oats in a food processor until they are in small pieces, about 2 minutes.
- Add the dates, cacao powder, vanilla and salt and pulse until combined, adding 3-4TBSP water as needed, about 10 min.
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper, making sure to leave an overhang on all sides to make removal easier.
- Press the nut-oat mixture into the prepared pan, making sure to fill all four corners. Use your fingers to make the surface smooth.
- Next, in a small saucepan, melt the chocolate and coconut oil over low heat.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the base and top with the chopped hazelnuts and flaked sea salt.
- Allow the pan to set in the freezer until the chocolate has hardened, about 30 min-1 hour.
- Once the chocolate is set, remove the parchment and cut the squares into bars. Store in the fridge or freezer.