Thesequick and easy healthy steak tacos are fresh and full of flavor! Summer herbs, lime, and arugula kick up the taste in this 20 minute meal.
Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 10 minutes | Total Time 20 minutes
- 2 sirloin steaks (or other thin steaks)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 10 flour or corn tortillas
- Butter and/or olive oil for cooking the steak (optional)
- 1 shallot chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped finely
- Little tomatoes (grape/cherry) to taste
- 1 avocado sliced
- Arugula to taste
- Lettuce (I used butter leaf) to taste
- Sour cream to taste
- 1 lime quartered
- Pre-heat oven to 350F to warm the tortillas. Wrap them in foil and place them in the oven.
- Season both sides of the steaks with salt & pepper.
- Prepare the toppings: chop the shallot and herbs, and slice the avocado and tomatoes into smaller pieces.
- Cook the steak. Either fry it (I used a cast iron pan with a bit of butter and olive oil) or grill them (I like to brush on the mixture of olive oil and butter). A mixture of 1 tablespoon each butter and olive oil is a good starting point for either method.
- Serve tacos with all the garnishes. Either top them all or let people pick what toppings they want. Finish with a squeeze of lime juice.