Pomegranate and persimmon winter sangria is a refreshing punch that is sure to be a big hit at your holiday party!
Prep Time 15 minutes | Cook Time 3 hours | Chill time 3 hours | Total Time 3 hours 15 minutes
- 2 persimmons
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/3 cup crème de cassis
- 1 bottle moscato (I used Barefoot) chilled
- Soda water (optional)
- Slice the persimmon into thin circles, then cut the circles in half. De-seed a pomegranate to get your 1/2 cup of arils. Add the fruit, including the cranberries, to a punch bowl or pitcher.
- Add the pomegranate juice, crème de cassis, and moscato.
- I suggest chilling the sangria for at least a few hours (if not overnight) before serving, but it will still taste good if you drink it right away. You may add a bit of soda water to each glass prior to serving if desired.
- If you don’t have crème de cassis or don’t want to buy it, you could substitute it with a different fruit liqueur such as Cointreau (if you want an orange flavor, for example), or raspberry flavored Chambord.