Everyone needs a never fail sugar cookies recipe, and this is the PERFECT one! You get soft, fluffy, delicious sugar cookies every time! This recipe is fool-proof!
prep time 25 mins | cook time 10 mins | total time 35 mins
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Eggs
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons milk
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or using a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar. About 2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix until combined. Add the flour and baking powder. Mix until combined.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface (keep dough about 1/4″ thick, or thicker if that’s what you prefer). Use cookie cutters to cut into your desired shapes. Place on greased cookie sheet (you can also use parchment paper or a silicon baking mat).
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Frost cookies.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or using a hand mixer, cream the cream cheese and butter. About 1 minute. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk. * Mix until it forms a thick frosting.