Sometimes a tart and fresh smoothie is just what you need to get going in the morning. The tang of yogurt and essence of lemon alone make this blend so energizing. While this one seems mellow and mild-mannered on the surface, the heat of ginger creeps in slowly, and some hidden vegetables kick in to help you power through your day.
- 1/2 cup 2% or coconut-based yogurt
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed until completely smooth and creamy, about 45 seconds. Serve immediately.