This Kung Pao zoodles recipe is quick, easy, spicy, and fast – it takes only 15 minutes to have it on your table!
Prep Time 9 minutes | Cook Time 6 minutes | Total Time 15 minutes
- 2 medium zucchini spiralized on medium setting
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (or to taste) chili paste
- 1 tablespoon sherry (optional but tasty)
- 1 tablespoon (packed) brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch + 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 2 scallions (green parts only) chopped
- Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Spiralize zucchini on the medium setting and set aside.
- Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, chili paste, sherry, brown sugar, and garlic to a skillet over medium-high heat. Let it bubble for a minute or two.
- Meanwhile, combine the cornstarch and 2 tbsp cold water.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture into the skillet. It should thicken the sauce up really quickly.
- Add the zucchini noodles, peanuts, and scallions to the pan. Cook for a few minutes, tossing continuously (I use tongs to do this). The zucchini will release some water. Don’t overcook the zucchini or it will be very limp and watery.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top if desired. Serve immediately.
- If you can’t find chili paste, sriracha sauce is a good substitute.
- This is the spiralizer I used to make this recipe.