This vegan Israeli couscous salad recipe makes a wonderfully fresh light lunch or side salad. It’s satisfying, healthy, and filling.
Prep Time 5 minutes | Cook Time 20 minutes | Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 cup uncooked Israeli (pearl) couscous
- 1 (19 fluid ounce) can chickpeas drained
- 1/2 small red onion chopped finely
- 1 small handful mint chopped
- 1 small handful parsley chopped
- 1 large carrot grated
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or to taste
- Cook the Israeli couscous according to package directions (I simmered mine for 17 minutes) then drain and rinse with cool water.
- Meanwhile, prep the other ingredients.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and toss together. Adjust vinegar and oil quantities as needed. Salad keeps well in the fridge for a couple of days.
- If you’re eating this as a main meal, it’ll make about 2 portions.