My healthy baked salmon tacos are fresh and full of flavor and ready in under 30 minutes. The cilantro lime Greek yogurt dressing tastes just as good as sour cream but contains fewer calories.
Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 15 minutes | Total Time 25 minutes
- 8-10 corn tortillas
- 1 piece fresh salmon (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Garlic powder to taste
- Ground cumin to taste
- Chili powder (optional) to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used 2%)
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Handful fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 avocado diced
- Iceberg lettuce shredded, to taste
- Lime wedges to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F. Move the rack to the middle position. Line a baking sheet with foil. Wrap the tortillas in foil and put them in the oven right away.
- Place a piece of salmon on the baking sheet and coat it with olive oil. Gently sprinkle with garlic powder, ground cumin, chili powder, and salt & pepper. Cook in oven for 10-15 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, combine the sauce ingredients. Set aside. Prepare the avocado and lettuce.
- When the salmon is done, roughly cut it into bite-size pieces using a fork. Assemble tacos immediately. Serve with extra lime if desired.
- If you’re feeding 4+ people, I suggest buying a large piece of salmon or 2-3 smaller ones.