Halloween Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies have a layer of rich, dark chocolate brownie topped with a layer of orange cheesecake then swirled together for a spooky treat.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes Servings: 9 brownies | Calories: 357kcal
For the Brownie Layer:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Cream Cheese Layer:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 x 8 baking dish with parchment paper or foil and spray with non-stick spray. Set aside
For the Brownie Layer
- In a medium bowl, add the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder.
- In a small bowl, add the eggs, oil, and vanilla. Mix with a fork until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula until just combined.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the batter for the swirls then pour the remaining batter into the prepared baking dish.
For the Cream Cheese Layer
- In a medium bowl, add the cream cheese, sugar, egg, & vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Add in the orange food coloring and stir to combine.
- Gently spread the cream cheese layer on top of the brownie batter.
- Drop tablespoons of the remaining brownie batter on top and gently swirl with a knife or skewer.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until set. Remove and let cool completely before slicing.