This summery grilled corn and chickpea salad makes a light and fresh side dish with only a handful of ingredients.
Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 15 minutes | Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 (19 fluid ounce) can chickpeas drained & rinsed
- Handful little tomatoes cut into halves
- 3 cobs of corn husked
- 1 tablespoon red onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Prep the tomatoes, corn, onion, and cilantro.
- Preheat BBQ/grill to high heat. Rub the corn with olive oil. Reduce heat to medium-high, and grill the corn for about 12 minutes total, turning every few minutes (turn 4 times).
- Add the chickpeas, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, and salt & pepper to a salad bowl.
- Once the corn is cooked, let it cool for a few minutes. Using a knife, cut the kernels off the cob and add them to the salad. Toss it and serve immediately or chill for an hour if desired.
- Serves 4 as a side dish.
- I used a gas BBQ to grill the corn. Please note that every BBQ/grill/grill pan is different, so adjust cooking times accordingly.