These easy shrimp tacos are a quick and simple taco recipe that’s perfect when you don’t have much time to cook! They’re ready from start to finish in about 30 minutes.
Prep Time 20 minutes | Cook Time 10 minutes | Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 pound medium shrimp (thawed & peeled)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 8-10 medium flour tortillas
- Toppings (optional to taste): sour cream, salsa, iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro, etc.
- Prepare your shrimp. If they’re frozen, run them under cool water until they’re thawed. Peel them and remove the tails.
- Meanwhile, get your toppings ready.
- Add the shrimp to a skillet along with the olive oil and spices. Cook over medium-high heat until the shrimp are no longer pink, flipping/stirring them occasionally (approx. 5-6 minutes).
- Assemble your tacos as desired and serve immediately.
- You may use taco seasoning instead of the suggested spices if that’s easier for you.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper if you want to make these tacos spicy.
- To warm flour tortillas all at once, wrap them in foil and warm in a 375F oven while you’re getting everything else ready.