This roasted baby bok choy recipe makes a quick, easy, healthy, and delicious vegan side dish! Garlic, lemon juice, spicy chili flakes, and soy sauce make this side dish extra tasty. Easily cooked in the oven in 10 minutes!
Prep Time 5 minutes | Cook Time 10 minutes | Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 pound baby bok choy
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Red pepper flakes to taste (start with 1/2 teaspoon)
- Preheat oven to 450F. Move the rack to the middle of the oven. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the baby bok choy in half lengthwise and trim the dry ends if needed (the white part). Place the baby bok choy on the baking sheet. Pour olive oil on both sides of each piece of bok choy (and rub it in), then grind some pepper on each piece too. I like to roast it face-down first. Place the baking sheet in the oven and roast for 5 minutes/side (it will be tender-crisp with some crispy leaves). If you want it done more, roast it a little longer.
- Meanwhile, whisk the soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes together in a small bowl.
- Once the baby bok choy is done to your liking, drizzle the sauce on each piece. Serve immediately.
- You don’t have to use low-sodium soy sauce (I used regular), but it may be too salty for you if you don’t like that sorta thing.
- If you don’t want to use my sauce on these, I suggest adding some salt along with the pepper prior to roasting the baby bok choy.