This easy lemon tahini dressing is perfect on salads, roasted vegetables, and grains. You can easily customize it to your personal taste. Ready in less than 10 minutes!
Prep Time 10 minutes | Total Time 10 minutes
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey (or maple syrup/agave if vegan)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- 3 tablespoons water
- Salt & pepper to taste
More add-in suggestions (optional – use none, one, or all):
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped chives
- Give the tahini a stir in its jar if it looks separated. Add the 4 tablespoons tahini to a medium bowl, along with the lemon juice, honey, garlic, cumin, and 1 tablespoon of the water. Whisk together.
- Whisk in 1 tablespoon of water at a time until the dressing reaches your desired consistency. I like mine with 3 tablespoons water, but adjust as needed.
- Taste dressing and season it with salt & pepper as needed. Whisk in additional ingredients if using. The smoked paprika gives the dressing a nice, smoky flavor, and the chives provide a burst of freshness.
- Everyone’s tastes vary, so if you find the dressing isn’t sweet enough, add more sweetener. If you want it more lemony, add more lemon juice. My ingredient quantities are just suggestions.
- Store any dressing leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days. You may need to add more water to thin it out again.