This easy beef taco salad recipe is loaded with your favorite taco toppings and has the most delicious 2-ingredient dressing! A total crowd pleaser.
Prep Time 15 minutes | Cook Time 15 minutes | Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 6 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 3/4 cup little tomatoes (grape or cherry) halved
- 1/2 small red onion chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheese (e.g. cheddar or Tex-Mex blend)
- 1/2 cup canned corn drained
- 1/2 cup black beans drained
- 1/2 avocado sliced/chopped
- 1 cup Doritos crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add the oil, ground beef, and spices to a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the beef until it’s browned and cooked through, stirring occasionally (about 8-10 minutes). There should not be much (if any) fat to drain if you used lean ground beef. Just spoon the excess fat out if needed.
- While the beef is cooking, start to prep your other salad ingredients, and make the dressing by mixing the sour cream and salsa together.
- Add the salad ingredients to a large bowl. Once the beef is done, let it cool for a few minutes. Add the beef and Doritos to the salad last (so the Doritos don’t get soggy). Toss the salad with the dressing, season with salt & pepper as needed, and serve immediately.
- Serves 4+ as a main dish and more as a side.
- Want to make the beef spicy? Add in 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- Feel free to use ready-made taco seasoning instead of the spices I suggest if you wish.