These oven baked chicken tacos are quick and easy. Using rotisserie or leftover chicken makes this the perfect fast weeknight family dinner!
Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 20 minutes | Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 1 cup salsa
- 10 hard taco shells
- 1 cup shredded cheese (e.g. Tex-Mex blend or cheddar)
- Optional toppings: sour cream, tomatoes, onions, avocado, etc.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Move the rack to the middle position.
- Add the chicken and salsa to a bowl. Stir until it’s combined.
- Place your taco shells in a baking dish (mine was 9×13). I bought the flat bottom taco shells to make this easier. Spoon the chicken mixture equally into each taco and then sprinkle the cheese over top.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the tacos are heated through. Check around the 10 minute mark to make sure the tacos don’t start to burn.
- Meanwhile, prep your toppings.
- Top tacos as desired and enjoy while they’re still warm.