Skip the canned cranberry sauce this Thanksgiving and make it right at home – it is embarrassingly easy to make with just 3 ingredients! You can even make it ahead of time!
Yield: 3 cups | prep time: 5 minutes | cook time: 15 minutes | total time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup sugar, or more, to taste
- 1 (12-ounce) bag fresh cranberries
- In a medium saucepan, combine orange juice, orange zest, sugar and 3/4 cup water over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in cranberries and bring to a boil; reduce heat and let simmer until sauce has thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool completely before serving.