This cold soba noodle salad with a spicy peanut sauce is an incredibly flavorful vegan meal with the perfect amount of crunch and freshness.
Prep Time 20 minutes | Cook Time 10 minutes | Total Time 30 minutes
- 6.4 ounces soba noodles (I used half a package – anything around 6 oz. will work)
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 large carrot grated
- 1/2 tablespoon (or to taste) chopped chives or scallions
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce (or to taste)
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon water
- Cook the soba noodles according to package directions. Rinse them under cold water, make sure they’re well drained, then allow them to cool while you prep the other ingredients.
- Prep the remaining ingredients and add them to a large bowl, and whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Toss the noodles and other ingredients with the dressing until everything is coated (I found it easiest to do this with tongs).
- Serve immediately or chill for later. Recipe keeps in the fridge for a few days.
- Tip: The ginger is easiest to grate if you freeze it first. I always keep some fresh ginger in the freezer for this reason.
- Serves 2-4.