This chicken and chorizo pasta recipe is flavorful, simple, and comes together fast! Perfect for a weeknight dinner or easy entertaining.
Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 20 minutes | Total Time 30 minutes
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta e.g. penne
- 2 chicken breasts cut into strips
- 8.8 ounces Spanish chorizo sausage sliced or chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 dashes Italian seasoning
- 1 (14 fluid ounce) can diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley chopped (optional)
- Freshly grated/shaved parmesan cheese to taste (optional)
- Boil a large, salted pot of water and cook pasta al dente according to package directions.
- Prep your chorizo and chicken.
- Add the chorizo to a skillet on medium-high heat. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it starts to render its fat and become crisp.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the chicken to the pan. Cook it for a few minutes, stirring periodically.
- Add the garlic, wine, and Italian seasoning to the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and diced tomatoes. Cook for another 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through (but take care not to overcook).
- Season with salt & pepper, to taste. Drain the pasta and toss it with the sauce. Add parsley and parmesan cheese if using.