Both whole kernel corn and creamy corn are combined with sour cream, an egg, onion, corn bread mix, cheddar cheese, and jalapenos for a creamy, cheesy, sweet and spicy casserole. This is a side dish that is guaranteed to make your mouth water!
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 45 minutes | Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 (11-ounce) can corn, drained well
- 1 (14.75-ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 jalapenos, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (7.5-oz) package corn muffin mix, I use Martha White
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13-inch casserole dish. (or you can use a smaller one but you will have to cook it longer.)
- In a large bowl stir together corn, sour cream, and egg.
- Mix in onion, jalapenos, garlic powder, paprika, salt, melted butter, corn muffin mix, and 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle cheese on top and continue to cook until set in the middle, about 15 to 20 more minutes. It is done when there is only a slight jiggle in the middle when you shake the dish.