Fun, festive Halloween themed cookies. THE BEST chocolate chip cookie EVER! I ate WAY too many of these!! Shortening, bread flour, salt, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, white chocolate chips, gel food coloring. Can make cookies with regular chocolate chips. You can also skip the food coloring if you aren’t making for halloween. Seriously THE BEST cookie recipe!!!
prep time: 15 MINS | cook time: 10 MINS | total time: 25 mins
- 2-1/4 cups bread flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup shortening (Crisco)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- orange gel food coloring
- yellow gel food coloring
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine bread flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together shortening and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Divide dough into three equal portions. Stir in 2/3 cup of white chocolate chips to one portion.
- Add orange food coloring to one portion- mixing well. Stir in 2/3 cup white chocolate chips.
- Add yellow food coloring to remaining portion of dough, mixing well. Stir in 2/3 cup white chocolate chips.
- Take a two teaspoons of each color of dough, and roll into a ball. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for 2 to 3 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.