3-ingredients to make these adorable (and delicious) Halloween treats — Monster Rice Krispies Treats, Peanut Butter Spider Cookies, Nutter Butter Ghosts, and Witch Finger Pretzels.
3 – Peanut Butter Spider Cookies
- 1 tube (16.5 ounces) refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough (or your favorite homemade peanut butter cookies)
- 20-24 miniature Reese’s peanut butter cups
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Optional: candy eyeballs, shortening or vegetable oil
- Prepare the cookies according to package directions. Remove from the oven and transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to slightly cool.
- Unwrap the peanut butter cups and then gently press in the center of the cookies. Let harden.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate chips, and about a half-teaspoon of vegetable oil or shortening (if desired; makes it a little easier to work with!)
- Microwave in bursts of 15 seconds stirring in between each burst for 10 seconds until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Transfer the melted chocolate to a plastic bag and cut off the very tip of the bag.
- Pipe “spider legs” onto the cookie starting from the Reese’s cup going outwards.
- If desired, pipe a little melted chocolate on the back of the edible eye candies and press into the Reese’s cup.
2 – Nutter Butter Ghost Cookies
- 1 bag (12 ounces) high-quality white chocolate chips
- 1 (1 pound) package Nutter Butter cookies
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- Optional: vegetable oil or shortening
- Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Separate the white chocolate into 3 microwave-safe bowls (makes for easier melting) and add 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil or shortening into each part. (Not essential, but makes it easier to coat the cookies). Melt one part of chocolate at a time. Place it in the microwave and microwave for bursts of 15 seconds stirring in between each burst for 10 seconds until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dip the Nutter Butter cookies into the melted white chocolate and use a spoon, to spoon it into a ragged shape near the bottom of the cookie. Shake and tap the cookie to remove excess chocolate and to smooth it.
- Transfer the dipped cookies to the prepared sheet pan and allow to completely set.
- Once set, melt the milk chocolate in the microwave. Transfer the melted milk chocolate into a plastic bag and cut off the tip. Pipe eyeballs and a mouth on the cookies. Let harden.
- Best eaten within 1-2 days.
1- “Witch Finger” Pretzels
- 17-18 pretzel rods
- 1 bag (12 ounces) dark green candy melts
- 17-18 sliced almonds
- Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside. Break the pretzel rods so you remove about 1/4th of one end. (Snack on those while you make these:))
- Separate the green chocolate candy melts into 3 microwave-safe bowls (makes for easier melting) and add 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil or shortening into each part. (Not essential, but makes it easier to coat the pretzels). Melt one part of the chocolate at a time. Place it in the microwave and microwave for bursts of 15 seconds stirring in between each burst for 10 seconds until the green chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dip the ragged end (from breaking) of the pretzel into the melted chocolate and dip about 3/4ths the way down. Use a spoon to help guide the chocolate and cover the amount you want.
- Tap and shake the pretzel to smooth the chocolate and remove excess.
- Place the chocolate on the prepared sheet pan.
- Add a sliced almond to the tip of the pretzel and allow for the pretzel rods to harden at room temperature.