This vegan roasted corn and cauliflower soup is a simple, hearty, and wholesome soup!
Prep Time 15 minutes | Cook Time 30 minutes | Total Time 45 minutes
- 4-5 cobs of corn husked, kernels removed from cob
- 1 cauliflower cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk (I used full fat) room temperature
- 2 cups vegetable broth + extra if needed
- Preheat oven to 400F. Move the rack to the top third of the oven.
- Place your corn kernels and cauliflower florets on a large baking sheet. Toss them with the oil, vinegar, seasonings, and salt & pepper. I’m fairly generous with the salt & pepper, but you can always add more later on if needed.
- Roast the corn and cauliflower for 30 minutes.
- Shake the coconut milk prior to opening the can. I like to add the coconut milk to a measuring cup so it’s easily pourable for the next step.
- Once the veggies are done roasting, add half of them to your blender along with half the coconut milk and half the broth. Blend until smooth, then transfer it to a pot. Repeat with the second batch.
- Heat the soup through and add more broth or water if needed to thin it out further. Adjust seasonings as needed.